Resource consents are a key part of the resource management system in New Zealand. They give you permission to do things with land, water or buildings that might normally be restricted.
There are different types of resource consents, depending on what you want to do:
- Building consent: This is needed to build something new, or to make changes to an existing building
- Land use consent: This is needed to use land in a way that is not normally allowed, for example to subdivide land
Resource management is a complex field that requires a great deal of experience to navigate, whether you are planning for public infrastructure or private development, implementing a construction project, or engaging in environmental management. speaking to people who have the expertise to make your vision a reality as efficiently as possible is the best course of action.
We offer professional resource planning and resource management services for a wide range of projects across Northland, from small-scale residential construction and subdivision to large-scale infrastructure development. Our team has the experience and expertise to handle any project, no matter how complex or challenging.
Our resource management and planning services include:
- Resource consents (buildings, land, water, subdivision)
- Assessment of effects on the environment (AEE)
- Development potential, feasibility studies and due diligence
- Project management and development of consenting strategies
- Coordination and management of technical environmental inputs
- Spatial planning and policy
- Review of district and regional plans, including submissions to council
- Coastal planning and management
- Stakeholder and public engagement and communications
- Private plan changes
- Structure planning
- Plan and RMA case law interpretation advice
- Environmental management plans
Whatever the requirement, whatever outcomes you want to achieve, we’d be delighted to be involved, and to make a positive impact on your project, and your community.
Feel free to contact us for free advice or make use of our experienced team today!